If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Standard MAF Translator Support > DSM MAFT Support
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2006, 03:28 PM

Stock injectors are 450cc (unless your car is automatic, then they are 390cc). With a 255 pump and stock FPR your most likely over-running the FPR... We were getting a base FP of around ~50psi (stock is 36).

Rogue

Last edited by Rogue_Ant : 11-20-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:20 AM

Is there a tuning guide for MAFT Gen 2 version 1.02? Please help here
Old 07-15-2008, 07:18 PM

hey guys i am having issues starting my car after the maft was installed. Since I am not using the maft as a tuning tool. I had the AUX set to 0 and the base to 2. Is there a spefic method that Im suppose to do? A step by step? Everything is plugged correctly. I also remove the ground and positive wire off my termnials for atleast 2 minutes. And I still cant get my car to start. When I have the key to the ON position the green led stays on while the red led blinks 7 times. "that unit detected a reset while the engine was running" I get this error message", what does this mean?
The car is a 1gB and I have the newest version of the maft. The car seems to start for like a second, than it dies. Please help
Old 07-15-2008, 07:21 PM

oh yeah, and I also didnt connect any of the white and purple wires since I was told I did not need to connect any of those since I will be not using the maft to tune.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:33 AM

hello, if anyone can help i have 3000gt nonturbo thats now turbo w/360 injectors maf translator t60-1 single turbo set up innovate Lm wideband ,im having trouble tunning base setting is 8,2,1,c,d car sputters in mid range area and rpm isnt set up. I would appreciate if someone had some base and rpm settings for me to try or opinion everthing is connected properly by the way
Old 01-31-2009, 02:21 PM

Default part number for GM 3 inch MAF

Hi guys, been running an LS6 maf and MAFT on my twin turbo GTO, but want to change to a 3 inch blow through incoropating it into my ally Y pipe, retaining my DSM sidemount intercoolers. There are lots of MAF's around but need a Pat number. My LS6 has 3 wires, so assume i need a 3 wire LS1 type. I also need the end caps to be ally not plastic. Any help appreciated, cheers Tim
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

all of the 3" aluminum MAFs are the same.

There is a part number on the full throttle speed site I think

Bob
Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 AM

Thanx Bob. I found from google, that the GM25179711 Maf is the 3.5 inch unit and found the 25189303 is a 3 inch unit with 3 pins.
Couldnt source a GM part in UK, but found the AC DELCO equivilent which is a 213-352. I have ordered one of these units and will try hopefully in couple of days, chers Tim
Old 02-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

cool, let us know how it works out. Blow thru setups can sometimes take a little more tuning than the draw-thru ones.

Bob
Old 02-03-2009, 12:27 PM

Received the Maf today. on the box it states, OEM # GM 25180303 and Appolo # AP-G101

Calculated the actual size of the appature which came out at 3629 mm square then minus the size of the internal center blade assembly, gives an overall free flowing area of 2814 mm square.

I then measured the existing throat of the throttle assembly, which is 60mm diameter, giving 2826mm square. There will need to a minus to this for the size of the butterfly shaft, but for rough calculations, the MAF should flow slightly more than the original throttle valve assembly can.

I calculated the area of my two 2 inch pipes from the turbos into the Y pipe, which came out at 980mm square (for both), interesting.

It will be a really tight squeeze to shoe-horn the MAF into the Y pipe assembly and cant start for 5 days, will let you know how i get on.

Two questions, i know the manual states to fit the MAF with the internal blade vertical, is there any real specific reason for this.

Also the Maf i ordered is a 3 wire unit. I have now found that my LS6 MAF was a 5 wire, but with a 5 to 3 pin convertor. Where can i get a 3 wire to 3 wire plug extension lead adaptor. I could cut and splice the leads, but a 12 inch extension cable would be good.

Cheers Tim

Last edited by tim777jet : 02-03-2009 at 12:37 PM.