If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Standard MAF Translator Support > DSM MAFT Support
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2005, 07:27 PM

If I use DSM link will I be able to do all the tuning I need to do with the MAFT? I am new to this. Thanks!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider925
If I use DSM link will I be able to do all the tuning I need to do with the MAFT? I am new to this. Thanks!!!
You'll want to zero out the MAFT for stock injectors and do all of your fuel tuning with DSMLink and any airflow adjustments for calibrating the MAFT also with DSMLink.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to frankenclipse Send a message via MSN to frankenclipse

this article makes much more sense than the instructions that came with the 2.02 unit,in the idle and mid adjustments department.I'm still a bit confused on the rpm tuning mode.What do I log on my mmcd,hi trim and o2 trim?Or is it just o2 votage based,like tuning with an afc?
Old 10-15-2005, 02:45 AM

Hi, I'm new to this board and I've been reading and asking questions regarding tuning of my car. So far I'm still struggling with a slow car.

My question is this, Right now I have the MAF-T injectors set at 450cc and zero'd out the rest. I use the SAFCII to fine tune the injectors. I also have a chip with 660cc's with deadtime to compensate. My settings on the SAFCII during cruise is tuned at -12 from 2000 to 4000 rpm's and my base idle is at +12. Shouldn't my settings on the SAFCII be closer to zero? Should I change my Base idle settings closer to a 550cc's?

My current mods are 190 fuel pump, 650cc's, chip for 660cc's and deadtime, Maft-T (blow through), and SAFCII, and 9:1 compression pistons.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Step by step instruction

Hello to everyone.
Can anyone help me? I just received My MafT +3" Maf sensor,then install.
Now I need make set-up.
Can anyone of you guys tell me how to in step by step?
Of course I read lot of instruction(on this web,main instruction which comes with translator,but Iam from Czech and most of that words I donīt know !
So can you help me in this thing?
Iam running stock injectors,walbro 255lph,blow threw setup,still stock T25 set up at 16PSI

I know AUX have to set at 4 and BASE on 2,next mode switch have to turn on that First switch-run 3" Maf Rest of switches are OFF
Thank you a LOT MarsaGSX
Old 03-04-2006, 01:25 PM

Default set-up help

I have a 1.3 converted to 2.01 and want to change to rpm mode. I have read conflicting info on how to enable the changeover. Can someone please clarify this . Thanx
Old 03-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

get your dials set right in MAF/Base mode.

wait 10 seconds to be sure the MAFT has a chance to save the settings.

shut off the car/ignition
set dials to 0
turn dipswitch 4 on.

You are now in RPM mode

Bob
Old 03-14-2006, 07:25 PM

When I thought I nailed down the tuning... I was wrong.

Ok, so I went out the other night and spent about two hours fine tuning my car with the MAF-T and AFCII. I did all the fuel trim tunes and everything. Tuned for no pull of timing at 18psi and the car runs great... or so I thought.

I usually take it easy on my car, and when I gas it, it will be from a low (3k) rpm and up. However, last night I wanted some quick boost so I downshifted my car from 4th to 3rd and hit the gas. My car went NO WHERE. The settings were all messed up. I was in about 5k in 3rd gear, gasing it, and going no where. What I think my problem is is that because Im tuning with both the AFC and MAFT, the MAFT doesn't read the high air flow numbers cuz the turbo isn't spooled yet, and the AFC sees the throttle at 100% at 5,000 rpms, so it adjusts the fuel according to those numbers.

My question is, how can I get the proper fuel in that situation without affecting all my settings?

*EDIT*

Sorry, my mods are:

1997 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
50 trim AGP RS49T
Greddy BIG FMIC
3'' Exhaust w/cat
AFCII
MAF-T(draw through setup)
KNN
GREDDY IC Pipes
Greddy BOV
Greddy Profec-B
NGK BPR7ES(new)
NGK Ignition Wires
...um... if you need to know anything else, just ask. Thats all I can remember for now

Last edited by Ellipse : 03-14-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internexus
Hey Kyle. I think I may of found a bug or at least a problem for me. I am running this on my 3/S and was tuning for the High trim like you stated (1g)

So anyways my high trim at the time was low 80% range so of course I needed to lean it. My o2 trim was at 55% +/-5% the aux was 9 and base was F. (which = 640cc injectors you state)

I went onto the next range which is aux = A and base = 0 which is supposed to = 640cc again and all of the sudden my o2 trims are at 150% +/- 5% and my trims are all climbing stating I need to richen it up. Obviously a dramatic problem in between those 2 settings. Any ideas?
-sean

Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I know it's an old question but seems valid..
Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 AM

Question help me

Ok I am working on my first DSM and I thought I had the MAFT set up but I keep showing that I am running really rich all the time and the car is runing a 255lp pump with stock injectors and the vacum is off the FPR, I have an AEM fpr that is going to go on the car soon as I get the fittings, I am going to start over on the MAFT and need help cuz I don't know what the stock inj. size is for this car and my EGTs at 70 are like 1500 deg. F someone help me befor I cook the motor