If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Scanmaster & PowerLogger Support > Buick PowerLogger & Scanmaster Support
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 PM

Default Scanmaster locks up with powerlogger

I just bought a new Powerlogger.My laptop connects to the powerlogger and I start monitor the data the rpm,mph gauges do not work at all but all the other do work for a little bit. Then stop working. Plus the numbers will freeze up on my scanmaster.The only ones still working are the MAP,BOOST when all others have locked up. So this is what i have done already reset both postive and negative cables on battery,taken out the extreme G chip and diconnect the orange wire that goes to the ecm also. I also can't set the parameters in the chip. So I put the old 2.1 chip back into the Scanmaster everything works fine like before and setting parameters too.Does anybody think the chip 2.2 may be bad?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 PM

Did you move the data cable from the ALDL to the PL input block like the instructions say to?
TT 6.1 Chip, ISAC Alky, Maf Translator and PLX Wideband,

Lacey's Spring, AL

Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 PM

Yes I did have the white data wire hooked up to the PowerLogger I/0 analog input block (7) input I should have said that before I decided to change out the 2.2 with the old 2.1. to see if the Scanmaster was still working right Thanks for the response

Last edited by D Rod : 11-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

replied to your PM

B
Old 11-24-2012, 01:31 AM

I will try that and I will let you know the result. Thanks again