If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Scanmaster & PowerLogger Support > Buick PowerLogger & Scanmaster Support
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBob
the later versions of windows (vista, 7) are cranky on the drivers and the INF files. They invented a new way to install drivers. (Gee, thanks Micro$oft)

anyway, if you have the unit plugged in and turned on, and Windows does not locate the new hardware and try to install drivers, then you can try this.

open the device manager by right-clicking on "Computer" and select "manage", navigate to the device manager and open it up. It shows a tree view of all the components and accessories in your computer. at the top of the tree, try right-clicking and select "Install Legacy Driver" or something like that. It should let you pick the INF file, and install it for you.

Bob

I had the same problem, and so I did what these directions say, and there is no "install legacy driver" option or anything close in my list. What do I do now?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:27 PM

Default Wow this is hard

Ok, tried installing the fitbus and fitiport drivers and it said "the hash is missing in the file name. it's most likely corrupted or has been tampered with". Now what...