If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Scanmaster & PowerLogger Support > PowerLogger Analysis
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 10:29 PM

Default Powerlogger IDC & RPM Spike

Hi,

Made some runs at Atco Sun 11/10/13. The RPM & IDC show a Spike in my Powerlogger logs. The IDC Spike is in all screens The RPM shows in Graph mode only. The Car felt fine ran great. On Run5 The check engine may have briefly flickered when it happened. Would this be a sign of an Ignition Module or Computer going bad? The Rpms did not flare Some kind of glitch?
86 Gn Stock Turbo, Stock longblock TT5.7 LC-1 WB

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 AM

I think the False RPM spike is causing the Injector spike. In run5 the WB A/F goes rich for an instant after the spike. So the injectors did increase flow.
The Crank sensor is about a month or 2 old, The ECM is about 3 weeks.

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-16-2013, 06:39 AM

UPDATE

Fixed, Swapped out Ignition Module. This fixed the Rpm spike, But am leaning towards bad connection at Module.
I tested the old module with a Caspers tester It worked perfect, Better than 1/2 the replacements I tried. The best one I found was from Autozone DR143. It took 2 tries to get a good one. BWD was best coil. same took 2 tries.

Thanks, Mike