If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Scanmaster & PowerLogger Support > General Scanmaster Questions
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Regular

Default Display

Hello
I've had my scan master and powerlogger with plx wideband connected approx 3 years with no issues

But recently I noticed that the display on the scan master was reading all 888888 across and the scan master was staying on and running the battery down.

So I disconnected the red wire that is connected to key on to keep from running the battery down until I could check the connections.

When I went back a month or so later and reconnected the red wire the scan master will not come. I've rechecked all the connections. Red to power. Black to a good ground and white to wide band block. All the connections are good and secure. So I took the scan master apart to examine and everything looks good. I have power and ground inside of the unit. All of the pins on the chip are straight and making a good connection.
One thing I noticed is that if I take the chip out and just barely line the prongs up the unit will come on but still just display all 8s. If I push the chip in it goes blank again.

Any ideas. Thanks
86 gn. 9" kenne belle air filter, stock location stretch intercooler, 3" exhaust, scan master, walbro 340m hot wired, adjustable wastegate, 60 lbs injectors, Razors' alky kit, adjustable fuel pressure reg, ta49, tt 6.0 chip, powerlogger, plx-afr, mt 275/50r15 et streets. new rebuild back to stock. 2800 pro torqe stall,erson 208 cam,Dave Husek Transmission.