If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > MAF Translator Gen 2 > GEN 2 General Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 PM

Default 1g dsm help

I'm totally new to the dsm world as I just bought my first one about a month ago and have been fixing it and finding all the little bugs in it. Its a 90 eagle talon tsi awd with a 5 speed. I plan on getting the maf translator gen 2 but I don't know if it will let me eliminate the fuel cut like the gen 1 does. Does the gen 2 do everything the gen 1 does just more features and tuning abilities?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

yes, much more flexible. Fuel cut is "eliminated" when you go to larger injectors and compensate by reducing the airflow signal.

You can also run a chip that has the fuel cut removed.

What sort of modifications are done to the car?

Bob
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM

From what me and some friends have been able to find it has a cheap 16g turbo (which I think is shot cause it won't start to spool till like 3k and I'm getting oil in my piping and it's got a bit of shaft play), balance shaft eliminator kit, ARP head studs, catalytic converter had been cut out and has a cheap can on the end, k&n intake, hard inter cooler piping after the inter cooler, a/c removed, all emissions vacuum lines bypassed and egr blocked off, and pretty sure the head is ported
Old 10-03-2012, 10:26 AM

And it might have a bigger fuel pump but not sure yet cause I haven't had time to drop the tank to look
Old 10-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

don't DSMs have an access panel to get to the fuel pump? My Stealth did...

Bob
Old 10-03-2012, 03:16 PM

It might I'm not sure but I will have to look. Also I'm not sure if anyone would know a solution but the car starts and runs fine but when you shut it off and try and start it hot it will crank over and try to fire but doesn't want to start and if I get it to it wants to die at idle. I know this is an infamous dsm problem and I just replaced the coolant temp sensor and didn't help. Any ideas?
Old 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Nothing comes to mind, you need to get a logger and start looking at the data for something wrong.

Bob