If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > MAF Translator Gen 2 > GEN 2 General Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Default Gen 2 Wideband issues

Hey Guys,

I am the proud new owner of a Maft Gen 2 that I have been using in my 89 conquest. I also have an AEM Analog Wideband in the car, which has been hooked up to the maft gen 2 for datalogging purposes.

I have seen where TurboBOB has released a patch so that the maft pro will display the correct AFR for the AEM Analog wideband. I have the latest software for the maft gen 2, but it still displays the wrong AFR. I would like to inquire about if a patch has been written, or could be written for the Gen 2 as well.

(Since he has already written one for the Pro it cant be that much work to make it work on the Gen 2 right? Its just a lamba value conversion if i'm not mistaken?)

As a side note, I would like to say that I couldnt be happier with the product. It is far and above the best choice between similar products on the market for its ease of use, versatility and its data logging capabilities (which I have been making use of).

Anyways, If anyone here has any insight it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for making and supporting a great product,
Tyler
Old 08-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

What version is your Gen-2?

what model AEM do you have?

Do you have the Gen-2 logging cable?

Bob
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM

yes i have the gen 2 logging cable (which then goes through a serial to usb adaptor)

The version on my gen 2 is 1.20

The AEM model I have is the analog air fuel gauge (30-5130).

I manually updated the firmware on the gen 2 as well as did a short datalog of the car at idle with a few bumps of the throttle the other day. When the box starts up it says version 1.20 so I know I updated that correctly. The datalog also seems to be in order other than the AFR which doesnt readout correctly through the box either (its just a few points off, as described in the other gentleman's maft-pro thread about this gauge)
Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Regular

Bob,
That AEM (the 30-5130) has the same output as the AEM Inline WB.

Eric
Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

try this file. it has the AEM In-Line at one of the wideband options

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: zip mg134.zip (33.3 KB, 410 views)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 PM

Went out and updated the gen2. Started the car and let it warm up. I tried the IN-Line preset first. It was still off (and actually seemed to change in the opposite direction of my gauge). Tried every other setting there was but none of them were completely correct.

Is it possible that the analog aem is a different readout all together?

I have a very detailed write up of how I wired the gen2 and the wideband if it becomes a question of wiring as well.

Thanks in advance guys,
Tyler
Old 09-04-2012, 12:28 PM

posts 443 and 455 here:
Warning: Very picture heavy. not for 56k

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/i...=108118&st=440
Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Regular

The AEM Inline is the right calibration. I've used it before with the AEM analog gauge. As I recall, I was not able to use the analog input ground on the Gen II, as the reading was off. You might try moving the analog output ground from the AEM to somewhere else, maybe the same location as the gauge main ground.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 AM

Ahh.. so i ground the signal coming from the AEM, and what do i feed into the gen2? ground as well?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Regular

No, don't ground the signal. I'm talking about the analog output ground from the AEM. Try grounding that at a different place, instead of grounding it to the Gen II.