If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Full Throttle Speed Tech Support > Scanmaster & PowerLogger Support > PowerLogger Analysis
User Name
Password
Home Online Store Product Manuals FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Regular

Default HELP..Part Throttle KR

Having several issues.. Tip in stumble, light throttle surging, but lets start with the part throttle KR issue.

It doesnt show up on the PL as much like .5, but the knock gauge goes red and I heard the dreaded detonation so I lifted.

Any ideas...pulls great, no issues at WOT. Weird thing is I can do the exact same situation back to back and it wont do it, Its like its needs several minutes out of boost to reoccur.

This car has alky with new pump. O2's arent dipping that I can see. I cant swing a wide band but this is a brand new heated o2 kit.

Please help
Attached Files
File Type: dat Gauge lit and audiblePinging.dat (51.0 KB, 647 views)
File Type: dat Gauge lit & Audible ping 2.dat (51.0 KB, 641 views)
File Type: dat Gauge lit & ping 3.dat (51.0 KB, 621 views)
File Type: dat Alky KR.dat (217.1 KB, 678 views)
Zimmerman 232 all forged short block, DLS roller/morel/T&D, Champion irons/intakes, 70MM Accufab TB and Plenum, 60's, PTE JB6262S, Alky, TA headers, THDP, ATR 3" exh, PTC 3200 non LU, Extreme auto stage 2 trans

Last edited by turbo nasty : 06-30-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Full Throttle Guy

Send a message via AIM to admin

I hate those gauges they light up full red when there is NO knock. Funny thing is that you can hear it and the knock sensor on the car is not hearing it? I am on my phone so no PL to view files but if you get too much alky, too soon at part throttle it will give you a rich pop that is easily mistaken for knock
Mike
Old 06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular

Anyone?
Zimmerman 232 all forged short block, DLS roller/morel/T&D, Champion irons/intakes, 70MM Accufab TB and Plenum, 60's, PTE JB6262S, Alky, TA headers, THDP, ATR 3" exh, PTC 3200 non LU, Extreme auto stage 2 trans
Old 07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Full Throttle Guy

Send a message via AIM to admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo nasty
Anyone?
you keep saying "part throttle" but your at 20+ psi and 2.5 volts tps. This is more like a WOT situation. 20psi is full throttle boost and the alky is hitting the throttle blade and going god knows where. Your 02's at that point are about 900 so it is rich but the timing is up around 24.4 because of the part throttle.The amount of knock you getting is small and this is the type of stuff that drives those gauges crazy so get the part throttle boost down or get some fuel out at that poiint. How does a wot log look?
Mike
Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Regular

Car is good at WOT. Try to get the drivability down. It has a very aggravating tip in, low throttel apply surging , etc as weel. But trying to get help with one thing at a time.

Ill post up a WOT log as well
Old 01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Regular

Update on this for future searches. Bad alky pump was KR issue and the chip needed reburned for the tip in