PDA

View Full Version : Scanmaster 3 Software

HBWaterfowler
12-21-2008, 01:30 AM
My laptop is Windows Vista, the logging software cd seems to not be working.

The cd has the following files: Scanmaster manual and files, manual, mmcdv1.6m, readme, Scanmaster manual and files, ScmCom, SCMcomm, SCMD171, wsc32.

ScmCom= Run-time error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

SCMcomm= Insufficent number or arguments

What can I do?

HBWaterfowler
12-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Maybe I need to call into Fullthrottle for this kind of question.

:usa:

TurboBob
12-24-2008, 01:23 AM
The Scanmaster behaves like an ECU when trying to log data from it.

For logging to a laptop from a Scanmaster 3 there are a couple methods.

One is to run the MMCd software in a palm emulator. This doesn't always work that well, but all the software to do it is free.

Another way to do it is use the TMO logger program, which is quite old, and sometimes hard to locate. But is available free from some of the bulletin boards.

A third way to do it is use one of the commercial logging programs like HHH or EVOSCAN.

The most convenient way to log from the scanmaster is to use a PalmOS device and use MMCd. Once you try it, you will wonder why guys insist on lugging laptops around.

Bob

HBWaterfowler
12-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Well I want to keep the cost as low as I can. I have a laptop (much like the rest of the world now) and I don't want to spend hundreds on other accessories (unless its the boost logging/EGT).

I will check thoes other programs you mentioned. Thanks.

I want to use the most up to date software. This is a new product, I don't know why it would be using some caveman old software that is most likely some dos screen (jk).

So the pda palm thing is not an option for me. I try to keep my dash as stock looking as I can.

Merry Christmas.

Thanks.

OBD-I (12Pin) Supported Vehicles
EvoScan software is confirmed working with these vehicles, using a FTDI USB OBD-I 12pin cable is required.(new 12pin cables available soon)
25) Mitsubishi Eclipse/DSM (1995 and 1996 support will be introduced once I crack this beast any day now, register now and you will get a free update)
26) 1990-93 Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO
27) 1990-93 Mitsubishi Dodge Stealth
28) 1990-94 Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, or Plymouth Laser
29) 1991-92 Galant VR-4
30) 1993 Mitsubishi Lancer GTI 16v
31) 1989-92 Colt, Summit & Mirage (CSM)
32) 1992-95 Mitsubishi Evo I, II & III
33) 1990-1995 Mitsubishi vehicles fitted with a 12-PIN OBDI diagnostic port