PDA

View Full Version : Scanmaster new chip

PaCemkr86
06-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Using powerlogger with LC1 is there any need to get a xd-16 gauge now that scanmaster will display a/f rato ??

I recently sold my old scanmaster, but i wanting to be able to moniter A/F ratio all time, with out the laptop in the car, wouldnt it better to just order another scanmaster and be able to view A/F ratio along with all the other sensors??

PaCemkr86
06-18-2007, 10:34 PM
anybody doing this yet??

TurboDonnie
06-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Using powerlogger with LC1 is there any need to get a xd-16 gauge now that scanmaster will display a/f rato ??

I recently sold my old scanmaster, but i wanting to be able to moniter A/F ratio all time, with out the laptop in the car, wouldnt it better to just order another scanmaster and be able to view A/F ratio along with all the other sensors??

yeah, getting another SM would be the way to go in order to see everything that the PL see's.

PaCemkr86
06-18-2007, 11:10 PM
thats what im thinkin..

Rick87gn
06-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Just got my sm chip installed last night. It works very nicely.

PaCemkr86
07-28-2007, 03:14 AM
i got mine and the cable etc.. hows the wide band read out , rick?

Rick87gn
07-28-2007, 09:35 AM
You just need to run a couple of jumper wires. Tap the lc-1 orange wire and run it to #1 on the I/O card of the logger.
Make another jumper and tap the green map wire and run that to #2 on the I/O. Now the logger will read AFR's and boost.
In the configuratoin page of the logger there is a button that says (scanmaster) click on that and select what you want to be displayed on the sm. You do need the upgrade chip 2.2 for the sm in order for it to work.. If you bought the logger, you should have recieved that chip.

Rick

PaCemkr86
07-28-2007, 10:39 AM
thanks Rick you answered every question i had.. yes i have the chip here somewhere..

Rick87gn
07-28-2007, 12:29 PM
thanks Rick you answered every question i had.. yes i have the chip here somewhere..

Glad to help :usa:

tbirdv6
07-30-2007, 03:58 PM
I still like the xd-16, its there all the time,whereas the scanmaster you can only view one thing at a time

I have my xd-16 in a 2 guage pillar pod above my boost guage

FRED

jpratt
08-18-2007, 10:06 PM
You just need to run a couple of jumper wires. Tap the lc-1 orange wire and run it to #1 on the I/O card of the logger.
Rick

Hey Rick,
You say to tap the LC1 orange wire. And then run it to the #1 port. My LC1 does not have an orange.
Red goes to switched power
White and Blue to ground
Yellow not used for narrow band.
Brown wide band hooked up to the IO card
and
Black for the toggle switch.
Jeff

Rick87gn
08-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Rick,
You say to tap the LC1 orange wire. And then run it to the #1 port. My LC1 does not have an orange.
Red goes to switched power
White and Blue to ground
Yellow not used for narrow band.
Brown wide band hooked up to the IO card
and
Black for the toggle switch.
Jeff

It seems newer widebands have different color wires. Looks like you have it figured out.

jpratt
08-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow thanks for the help. The brown wire must be the replacement for the orange that you had. The problem here was that the brown wire had some crap on the end of the wire that was not allowig contact to the IO block. i restripped and tinned it, plugged it in and now it works fine.